In case of accident or emergency illness:
- Keep the telephone number of your insurer and your policy number handy in case of emergency. Your insurer will guide you through the process of making a claim, and may provide advice to help you through any potential crisis.
- Ask for detailed reports
- Keep all receipts of tests, prescriptions, etc. as these will be absolutely crucial when you make a claim
- File the claim within 90 days of the accident or incident
Most travel health insurance covers medical emergencies and accidents. These are unforeseen circumstances, and coverage does not extend to medical care for a pre-existing illness or condition.
Canadian winters can be cold! Be sure to:
- Bring warm, layered clothing so you fully enjoy the snow and other winter activities
- Invest in a pair of waterproof boots
If you are travelling in summer, bring:
- Shorts and sunscreen to enjoy the warm weather
- Sunglasses to protect your eyes against glare
- Mosquito repellent especially if you’re camping