Koreans Visiting Canada 

Korean citizens visiting Canada from the Republic of Korea (South Korea) do not require a visa as long as they meet all of the requirements for entry and are not planning to stay in the country for more than six months. Koreans can also enter Canada for business purposes or study purposes, but will require a work permit to work or a study permit for studying longer than six months at a Canadian school. All Korean visitors need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) if arriving by plane (an eTA is not necessary if arriving by land or sea). 

Koreans Visiting Canada

Koreans Visiting Canada for Pleasure 

If you are coming to Canada as a tourist, or to visit friends or family, you do not need to apply for a visa provided your stay will be less than six months in length. You will need to submit all of the necessary documentation at the Canadian entry point including a valid passport or similar travel document. You will also need to meet certain requirements; this includes being in good health, having no criminal record and having enough money to pay for your stay and return home. You will have to satisfy Canadian border officials of your intent to return home after your visit. 

Koreans Visiting Canada for Business 

Business trips to Canada do not require a visa as long as the person entering the country plans to stay for less than six months and can provide all of the appropriate documentation indicating the purpose of their business. Visitors on business must meet all of the standard entry requirements as well as all of the business requirements. Visitors who will be seeking to work in Canada on a temporary basis will need to obtain a work permit prior to their arrival. 

Note: as of December 31st, 2018, a biometrics profile (photo and fingerprints) is required of Koreans when applying for a temporary work permit in Canada. 

Korean Students in Canada 

Korean citizens visiting Canada to study for less than six months do not require a visa to enter the country. For those who plan to pursue a course of study lasting longer than six months, a study permit is required. Study permits are typically valid for the entire term of the study program, plus an added 90 days. 

Before applying for the permit, you must be accepted at an accredited school in Canada. You must also meet all of the necessary requirements for the permit, including biometrics. With or without a permit, you must prove that you have enough money to pay your tuition as well as provide for living expenses and your return trip home. As with all visitors, you must prove that you plan to return home after your time in Canada ends. 

Obtaining Permits if Required 

Although in most cases, Koreans visiting Canada do not require any special permits, those extending their stay for more than six months for study or work purposes will require a permit. All of the appropriate application forms can be downloaded and printed from the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website (be sure to verify the correct fee amount and submit it with your application). Completed application forms can be submitted to the Canadian visa application center (CVAC) in Seoul, South Korea. 

Be sure to apply for any permits or visas you require well in advance to allow processing time. This way you will be sure to have everything you need when you leave for Canada.

Super Visa Insurance

Koreans Visiting Relatives in Canada 

Currently, visitors from Korea do not require an entry visa for stays of six months or less. However, Korean parents or grandparents of Canadian citizens or permanent residents are eligible to benefit from the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa provisions. Korea citizens who wish to visit Canada for up to two years without having to renew their authorized stay should consider applying for an extended authorized stay by proving that the requirements for the Super Visa are met. For more information, see the Super Visa.

© VisitorsToCanada.com